Thursday, October 04, 2007

Another list...

I think I'm a list person. When I was younger, I would walk into a record store, not to buy (or look at) CD's, but to pick up the ARIA Top 50 Chart, these days every so often I'll visit the website to see the top 50 "Singles" (physical, digital and the combination), the top 50 Albums. I like looking at lists of the top 10 CD's for the year, the top 1o sporting moments, the top 10 movies, the top ten places to drink a long black coffee. (And maybe I'm one of a few people who are curious about whether In Rainbows could chart).

Getting back to the point of my post.. given that we're almost two-thirds of the way through the decade, I thought that I would list my favourite CD's for the decade, so far~! (Note: these are not any any real order, save the order I thought of them).

# Kid A [Radiohead]
# Albertine [Brooke Fraser]
# I'm Wide Awake Its Morning [Bright Eyes]
# For the Birds [The Frames]
# The Swell Season [Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova]
# Neon Bible [The Arcade Fire]
# Good Monsters [Jars of Clay]
# Around the Sun [R.E.M.]
# Antics [Interpol]
# Dreams [Evermore]
~~~
Yes I did put Pop in the list earlier, but realised it was pre 2000 (opps), though I initially included it because I think its their best CD over the last 10 years.

I'm curious as to what other people might have included.

No comments:

Post a Comment