Sunday, October 14, 2007

In Rainbows

I listened to In Rainbows for the first time over the weekend. On the first few listens All I Need // Weird Fishes – Arpeggi // Videotape (great closing track) // House of Cards // Jigsaw Falling Into Place, really stood out for me. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to immersing myself in it again.

It is distinctly Radiohead, and quite an amazing and intimate record; I’m not sure it is quite as good as either Kid A; OK Computer, but time will tell.

+++

While I do, in essence, like the way Radiohead chose to release this album, there was something missing when I listened it for the first time. I opened my computers media player and pressed play. (It was a shame that I couldn’t make Joe’s Listening Party, as it would have been nice to have listened to it with other people, and hear their impressions). Was interesting to read that a lot of the reviewers completed the review on their first listen.

I have to admit, I did miss the booklet, being able flick through the book, as the new music surrounded me, I don’t think it would have been the same if it had come with a PDF copy of a book. Yeah, maybe I am a bit old fashioned (weird) or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment