Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Metro's [SMH] 25th Birthday

The votes have been cast, and the results are in: SMH readers voted: Return of the Jedi as the best film, and Nirvana's Nevermind as the best album of the last 25 years. .
Most popular album overall
Nirvana's Nevermind (6210 votes); R.E.M.'s Automatic For The People (6199 votes).

Bernard Zuel's [SMH music critic] selections.

Most popular films
Return of the Jedi (5661 votes); Dead Poet's Society (5216 votes)

Garry Maddox's (a SMH Film critic) selections.

~~~

The way the survey worked, is each year you nominated a film (or effective you could select "I have no preference". The contenders for each year, unfortunately are no longer available on the SMH Website. For me, I would go with either OK Computer, or Kid A, and for film, its a little tougher, I'd lean toward either Paris, Texas; Whale-Rider, or The Two Towers, but ask me tomorrow, and I'd probably have a different film and album.

No comments:

Post a Comment