Thursday, December 27, 2007

Enchanted Afternoon

We went and saw Enchanted yesterday. As I mentioned earlier, we thought that it might be the best of the bunch released (and to hazard a guess I think The Golden Compass will have the highest opening ticket sales).

Without giving too much away, it was a somewhat fun spin on a fairy tale. I really liked the opening (and closing) sequences using a pop-up book. The film is quite sweet, and really picked up once the action had moved from the fairy-tale world to “our world" and I guess shows how 'story-book love' lasts in the real world.

Though it was a Disney film, I did not expect the musical numbers which turned up. Some of the sequences were classical ('Happy working song': including the animals of New York cleaning an apartment; and 'That's How You Know').

While Enchanted was certainly aimed at a younger audience, there was more than enough to entertain and humour us. So, I reckon give it a shot.

~~~

See this article from The Australian, to find which films the Boxing Day audience went to.

No comments:

Post a Comment