Monday, December 24, 2007

Movies: Boxing Day...

One of our Christmas traditions (since 2002 - when the first Lord of the Rings film came out) is to go as a family and see a film on boxing day. It was quite easy at first, we saw the three Lord of the Rings films, then Phantom of the Opera (2005), in 2006, we saw The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. After having a look at the films this year: Atonement, The Golden Compass, Enchanted, Alien vs Predator: Requiem and Two Days in Paris. Though some of them won't work Alien vs Predator (yuck~!), and we thought that Atonement might be a little bit serious for Boxing Day, so we decided to have an Enchanted afternoon, which should be great fun.

~~~~

I'm looking forward to see how 2008 shapes up; 2007 was the year of the "sequel". The Spiderman, Shrek, PotC, and Ocean's franchises had version 3.0 released, and were mostly disappointing (as for me, was The Simpsons'.

Though I think I've seen more films this year, the standouts were: As it is in Heaven, Once and Amazing Grace.

~~~~

On a completely different topic, there's a fascinating article describing how Australian's use their annual leave in today's Herald, and it certainly rings true for me. I certainly haven't taken my four weeks leave this year, and the barriers described are not alien to me. There is certainly a need to "work hard" at resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment