- The Footy Season has started with the beginning of the 2nd Season of the Women's competition. Looking forward seeing the competition continue to grow.
- I enjoyed watching the Big Bash Cricket. My hope for next year is that the Men's and Women's Final are played on a weekend without international cricket and as standalone events. The Women deserve to play in a full stadium, with the traditional home ground advantage given to the highest finishing team.
- In contrast to the above, I would love to see us move to a system where the Grand Final of the Rugby League and Australian Rules Football competitions rotates around the country like the SuperBowl.
- On the SuperBowl - why was this an upset? The Eagles beat the Patriots earlier in the year, and they both had identical records for the season (13-3). Don't understand the hate for the Patriots, but also glad the Eagles won.
- The highlight of the year so far seeing both Roger Federer and Caroline Wozniacki win the Australian Open Finals. I've run out of words for Federer - his achievements are staggering but above that I am impressed with the respect He has for the sport he plays, and how he recognises his place within its history. Federer is the fourth tennis player to win 20 Grand Slam Single titles (and the first man). The others, Serena Williams, Steffi Graf and Margaret Court.
- Looking forward to the start of the Winter Olympics on Friday. Along with the Football World Cup, its my most anticipated sporting event for the year. I'm also looking forward to the Champions League restarting - with some mouth-watering ties set up including Real Madrid v Paris St Germain and Chelsea-Barcelona.
- Impressed with F1's decision to remove the Grid Girls and replace them with Grid Kids.
Tuesday, February 06, 2018
Time for a new post on this sporting life.