Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sporting shorts...


So, its time for the annual, how much egg can I get on my face post. Especially seeing as the trails start next weekend. Here's a top eight for the AFL and NRL. 

AFL: (Not in order)
Sydney, GWS, Adelaide, Geelong, West Coast, Richmond, Essendon ad Melbourne.
Hawthorn are a good of making the finals again too. I'm picking Melbourne as my darkhorse; each year seems to be an improvement on the last one.

In terms of the Premiers - I'm leaning towards Adelaide, though Sydney are a chance (more so if they don't lose the first six games like last year),

NRL (Not in order)
North Queensland, Roosters, Melbourne, Brisbane, Parramatta, Penrith, Cronulla, St George.
At the moment, I think that I'm favouring North Queensland, or the Roosters to win the title. Depending on how Melbourne covers its losses, and the representative season, they could well go back to back. 

The most confident prediction I'll make is that the Warriors will have another disappointing year. 

I'd softly lean to Queensland winning the Origin series. Australia will beat New Zealand, if they play this year. 

Other sport:
I really love the Winter Olympics, primarily because I can watch it for the joy of the sport. I'm not really expecting any New Zealanders to place in the top three so its fun to watch the best in the world go at it. 

Next week the UEFA Champions League returns - with a couple of great ties to look forward to as well.

The Women's AFL game between Fremantle and Collingwood attracted a crowd of almost 42,000. The 41,975 is the largest crowd for a women's AFL game in Australia. The only larger crowd for a women's sporting game in Australia was the 58,432 who saw Sweden play Brazil during the Sydney Olympics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment