- I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the week off, I do not really think it adds anything, and also reduces the advantage of finishing in the top four.
- There are some intriguing match ups - Richmond v Hawthorn (Thursday), Melbourne v Geelong (Friday) and then the two Saturday games Sydney v Giants and West Coast v Collingwood.
- I'm tipping Richmond to beat Hawthorn; Melbourne to beat Geelong, the Giants to beat Sydney and West Coast to beat Collingwood.
- Was quite a fascinating round of Rugby League fixtures with the composition of the top eight not confirmed until after the Broncos-Manly game. With the top eight separated by just two points its been the closest finish in NRL history.
- Was impressed with Penrith who travelled to Melbourne and won to cement their place in the eight, and maybe earn a home final.
- The Roosters won their fourth minor premiership in six seasons after a comprehensive win over Parramatta. Is the reward for the Minor Premiers enough?
- The Warriors win was good for the form line of the team, but given other results may not mean too much.
- Was glad to see Thurston go out a winner - will miss his humility, his laughter, his grace and just watching him play.
- Here's the line up for the NRL Semi Finals - Storm - Rabbitohs, Panthers - Warriors, Roosters - Sharks, Broncos - Dragons. There's some pretty intriguing match ups. My predictions - Storm, Panthers, Roosters, Broncos.
- The Rugby Championship has a week off which is good I guess, gives everyone a chance to recover :)
- The other thing that caught my eye was the Umpire in the US Open who got down off his chair and gave Kyrgios a 'pep-talk'. I'm still trying to work out what I think about it. I don't think the talk changed the result of the match, but was asking Krygios if he was okay out of line?
- Don't really think there is too much more to say sports wise - the draw for the group stage of the European Champions League was made, still can't really see any surprises. I'll be expecting more of Manchester City this year.