Wednesday, December 19, 2018

2018 in review - personal.

As I continue my series on 2018, I felt I should share were I am up to. I am back in Hospital due to another infection. I was admitted last Wednesday, and at this stage hopeful of going home tomorrow. I obviously don't want to rush getting home because I don't want to be readmitted.

It has been tough. I certainly miss Fi and the kids while I am in hospital. It's been tough. Particularly seeing as I have lost count of my admissions into hospital since the end of August. We're doing what we can to keep me from coming back into hospital but it has been a tough road. 

As I’ve said before the journey is made easier by the wonderful people who have been looking after me, be it in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit or the Wards and other services. They all have a tough gig, but you wouldn’t know it, because they don’t show it. 

Again, I am thankful for the loving God who not only has the whole world in His hands but is holding me together. Holding me together until the day all of creation is restored and renewed.
I’m thankful for your continued faithful prayer, it means the world. 

I am thankful for the gift God has given me in Fiona. I am constantly amazed by her strength and how she holds herself together. 

I am thankful for James – who has made it his personal mission to ensure that whenever I am in hospital, I have the internet to help keep me entertained and out of trouble. We have had coffee every two weeks (on average) since I was diagnosed with cancer. I cannot say how thankful I am to God for that. I’m also super thankful to the wonderful people who have looked after Fiona or the kids so Fiona could visit. Thank you Joel and Elaine, I just can't put into words how much your friendship means to me, especially as you walk your own roads too. 

I’ve started on a new drug with a new timetable which at least until this point I seem to have tolerated well, though do pray for its effectiveness and that I manage my disease and its symptoms better. At this stage we are up in the air as to when that will start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment