Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Drawn From Still Waters Top 10 Albums for 2004
Number 5
Brooke Fraser – What to do with Daylight

A singer-songwriter from NZ, made it into the spotlight through supporting John Mayer during his Australian tour. I read the lyric to Arithmetic on another friend’s blog, I then went to HMV’s website read a little more about the CD. Most of the comments were very favourable. My Brother gave me the CD for my birthday; a week later I went and saw her live. The concert was awesome [I must post the review], and showed a stronger voice than on the CD. I was also impressed with how open Brooke was, and how she spent time after the show talking with her fans. I get the feeling the Brooke is destined for bigger things. Her lyrics are great, and speak to me.
Wake up feeling convicted / I know something’s not right / reacquaint my knees with the carpet
and
When the years are showing on my face / And my strongest days are done / when my heart and flesh depart my place / from a life that sung your song / You’ll still be the one I want
are two examples. In places her vocal recalls to mind Jewel, Norah Jones, or Sarah McLachlan. I am very interested in hearing more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment