Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Drawn From Still Waters Top 10 Albums for 2004

Number 4
Third Day – Wire

Third Day continue to deliver great sounding southern rock with great insightful lyric. The CD has spent a substantial amount of time in my player through 2004. Lyrically I like this CD more than any of Third Day’s previous CDs. A number of the songs deal with being a rockstar and a Christian. Wire talks makes a striking comment about the bond between a Christian act and their fan base Oh it makes me wonder / what if I slip will they catch me / or watch me fall. Mark Lee is commenting that fame is like walking a tightrope. On Rockstar, [Powell] comments that even if he wants to be a Rock Star / he [doesn’t] have what it takes, but it doesn’t matter, because to you [I’m reading God here] he’s so much more. Other standouts are: You Are Mine [Perhaps of God’s Love], It’s a Shame [A sad song about a relationship gone wrong – you left her without leaving / you hit her without swinging], and Blind:
The more I look the more I find / You’ve led me to the truth / … / You took my heart and changed it / with your words of life / You took my eyes and opened them / And gave me sight
I am seeing them in concert in Sydney, which should be great. For fans from their first self titled CD, they will find a very similar sound to their first CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment