- ANZAC Day, the observance before the Collingwood - Essendon game is an amazing spectacle. 90,000 people, standing in silence, remembering those who have served us in the Armed forces, and you can hear a pin drop. The game would have to be Collingwood's best game for the year, after quarter time, Essendon kicked something like 3 goals to Collingwood's 12.
- Swans had an ugly win against Melbourne, But hey, I'll take and ugly win over a pretty loss. Great to see Goodes back on the ground too.
- Port showed why they might be the real deal - very impressive win over Geelong yesterday.
- What can you say about Carlton. Kicking 5 goals in less ten minutes to get back in front (with an amazing smother in the mix too), but definitely helped by West Coast's 1.8 last quarter.
- Gary Ablett Jnr's goal against the Giants was probably the moment of the round
- Somewhat impressive win by the the Warriors too..
- There's a break next week for the Australia - New Zealand test. Hoping for an upset, but suspect it will be a comfortable win to the Australians.
- The table seems to be shaking out a little. Bulldog's are deservedly on top at the moment, grinding out wins, rather than blowing teams of the park (their last four wins were by a total of seven points). The Sea Eagles, Rabbitohs and Roosters are climbing the table, getting closer to where they will probably finish.
- Aside from the Warriors win. Greg Inglis' try was the highlight of the round.
Super XV Rugby
- Good home win for the Hurricanes too; and given a few other results they are now sitting on top of the NZ Conference table. Great to see the Blues win too. Fair to say the Waratahs did help them out a touch too. The Hurricanes are in Sydney next weekend to play the Waratahs. Hope they can continue to run of wins.
- Great to see the Western Sydney Wanderers, making their second final. They play Brisbane (in Brisbane) for the title.
- The EPL will go down to the wire - with Manchester City back in the drivers seat.
- Can't believe it's almost May, which means its Finals time (Champions League, FA Cup, Europa League) and then June is the World Cup. Can't wait...