Monday, May 01, 2017

Sport Shorts

NRL
  • The Warriors were a pleasant surprise and beat the Roosters, and improved to 4-5 (11th); with four of the five losses on the road. 
  • Penrith are the surprise packets this year, I had them down in my top eight and potential winner but currently on four points have a bit of work to do. I didn't have St George in my top eight but they're currently sitting second.
  • Am looking forward to the international football this weekend though something tells me its not going to be a good weekend for the Kiwis.
AFL
  • The biggest surprise this year is the form of Hawthorn (1 win) and Sydney (0 wins). I don't think many people saw this coming. The other big surprise of the round was Collingwood's win over previously undefeated Geelong.
  • The rivalry between the Bulldogs and Giants is growing with the Giants avenging their Preliminary Final loss.
In general, I've been thinking about the Grand Finals, and I'd love to see them move around rather than stay in Melbourne or Sydney. Imagine the AFL Grand Final at a sold out Adelaide Oval, would just be magic. 

Not reading anything into it in terms of the Wallabies, but this year is to date the worst season in Super Rugby for the Australian clubs with the Brumbies (Australia's conference leader) the best performing club with 18pts, 23 points behind the top placed Crusaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment