Monday, May 01, 2017

What I'm to April 2017

It has been a quiet month reading wise. I have a growing number of books on my to read list, which I do need to make a dent in. I am about half-way through Prophetic Lament: A Call for Justice in Troubled Times by Soong-Chan Rah. The book examines the place of lament the Christian faith, through an exposition of the book of Lamentations. I'm have another book on that topic to read (Finding Lost Words).

I've been watching a lot of TV, mostly sport but I have really enjoyed watching We the Fans which focuses on fans in Section 250 of Soldier Field (home of the Chicago Bears, a NFL franchise). I can relate to the fans enthusiasm for the team but love how it weaves the fans stories together. Can't recommend it more highly. There's only eight episodes in the series with the final two being shown on May 2. The show is on ESPN but I think you can watch some of it on the website.

The Voice started this week and I've managed to see a few episodes . No-one has really stood out for me yet, but there is still a way to go. Good to see Seal back among the coaches, Delta's is the only remaining coach from last year. The new coaches joining the show are Boy George and Kelly Rowland. I was surprised how many people sing a coaches song.

I'm also looking forward to MasterChef starting next week. The only thing that would make the show better, is being able to smell and taste the food they cook.

I've really been getting into the Baseball. Like Cricket, it is a statistic heavy sport which appeals to me.  The (Washington) Nationals have been the team to watch in the first month of the season.

Onto music. I've been listening to a fair bit of the music we sing at our church, and will be listening to Lisa Hannigan and Fleet Foxes as I see them in concert in May. I've also been listening to the new mix of Red Hill Mining Town. I love the brass band which was added to the song.


While I am not going to an actual concert, I'm excited for the start of U2's Joshua Tree tour on 12 May. Can't wait to see what they play, and whether they play the album in full (and in sequence).

No comments:

Post a Comment