- Hard to believe, but this year is the first time in ten years only one team (Port Adelaide) has started 3-0.
- The Swans had a good win against the Giants. Always important to win the Derby. Franklin has had a best start to a season for a while with 15 goals in the first three weeks.
- Been impressed with Melbourne this year, but they've got a real test in Hawthorn this week.
- Okay, okay, maybe I've jumped the boat on the Warriors - who are now 4-0 and second to St George. The other real impressive team are the Wests Tigers - who beat Melbourne for the second time in a month to sit fourth, behind the Dragons, Warriors and Panthers. With the Tigers, I think its really a group effort and everyone appears to be playing well.
- Apparently, this is the first time since 2010 that none of Broncos, Storm or Cowboys are in the top eight. It won't last, but it is worth noting. (Thanks Stu).
- The Conferences seem a little more even this year - the Rebels and Waratahs on 20 and 19 points respectively, the Lions still lead the South African conference, and top the table on 25 points, the Crusaders and Hurricanes are 24 and 23 respectively.
- I'll say it again, but the moment of the games at the moment for me is Malawi's first ever win over New Zealand in Netball. It is great for the sport.