Monday, October 06, 2008

Collection

So, am in Wollongong for the long weekend, and I have been training to tidy up my blog a little (adding titles and tags), its been fun re-reading some of my posts. I might take some time soon to re-post some of my favourite posts.

But today, I wanted to say, after loading the new i-tunes software, and activating the 'Genius' component, I'm not so taken with their Genius. Their genius does not recognise a lot of the music which I quite like ... The Swell Season, Andy Osenga, Colm Mac Con Iomaire to name a few.

And, here's the top 50 Animated films via Rotten Tomatoes.

4 comments:

  1. I'm listening to a Google playlist at the moment. I like it most of the time - just not when it fails to recognise some of my music. I like being able to generate a playlist based on the random individual songs I have in my library. Or if I'm in the mood for a particular kind of music, but not a whole album from one artist, it can be good. Right now, I'm listening to a playlist generated from Tim Finn's "Persuasion." It's not bad, actually, though I do wonder how Shakira made it on to the list! It's a shame it didn't recognise my sole solo Susanna Hoffs song or the lone Alicia Keys in my library...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that Google had a playlist generater. Will have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - I meant Genius. I blame my slip-up on the PhD and spending too much time procrastinating with Google Reader, Google blogs, Google games, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries (google has a way of infiltrating everything). I'm sure my Genius playlists will improve - maybe its my taste that is the issue ;-)

    ReplyDelete