Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Voice ... wk 2

Week two now gone..  Will I Am now has 12 on his team, Ricky and Kylie 11 each, and Joel trailing behind with 10.

Monday night's show was the best of the season so far - with half a dozen performances which really connected with me - Sabrina's 'Power of Love' Doug's 'Love the one you're with', Rosie's 'Sing it Back', Jayde Grey's 'Free-falling', ZK 'As Long as You Love Me'.

I was also impressed with Beth Anderson's performance of "Times Like These". None of the chairs turned but her performance powerfully communicated her story. It was interesting to read her take on her experience here.

At this stage, unlike last season I don't feel there is a clear front-runner.  About this time last year - you kind of knew that Celia Pavey & Harrison Craig would be there at the end, even Season One - Karise Eden was a touch above the rest.

Tuesday night's episode was quite disappointing. I wasn't really taken by any of the contestants who got through. I did like the Blind-Blind thing. It gave a taste of the coaches experience. Hoping for more tomorrow night.

I'm pretty intrigued to see the Battle-Round pairings - and given the talent seems more even this year, we may see some surprise eliminations.

No comments:

Post a Comment