- Who would have thought that Cronulla would come from over 20 points down two weeks in a row. (This week was 0-24, against the Roosters)
- Paul McGregor is doing well at the Dragon, and would be good to see him remain as St. George's Head Coach.
- Origin Three - can NSW complete their first clean sweep in 14 years? To be fair, all I am hoping is that it is a much better game.
- Sydney are top of the Ladder (one game clear of Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Fremantle & Geelong), after both Port Adelaide and Hawthorn lost to Essendon and North Melbourne respectively
- The performance of the round was the Sun's win against Collingwood especially considering Ablett was injured and no fresh interchange players. This sort of win, is not only season-defining, but club defining.
- Ablett is out for the season, and may just miss out on the Brownlow. If he does manage to win it, he will be the first to win (and have missed four or more games).
- The Waratahs are the team to beat, after demolishing the Highlanders in Sydney over the weekend. They've certainly improved a lot from their game against the Hurricanes.
- Novak Djokovic won his second title, meaning that 36 of the last 38 Men's Grand Slam Finals have been won by Murray, Nadal, Federer or Djokovic.