- Fascinating round - North's inconsistency hurts them, Geelong and Power survive big scares. But the upset of the season was the Saints thumping Fremantle. Hard to know what to make of that game.
- Looking forward to the Swan's game against Hawthorn next Saturday. Sydney would be favourites for the Minor Premiership if they win this game. I think the two danger games they have left are against Essendon & Port Adelaide. Though perhaps the lesson from this weekend is that every game is a danger game.
- AFL is an international game - with the International Cup Tournament being played during August. Should be fascinating to keep an eye on. The Men's Final is being played at the MCG prior to the Geelong-Hawthorn game; and the Women's Final is at Punt Road (both on Aug 23).
- Warriors lost a close & exciting game to Brisbane this weekend - still in the eight & a win from the top four.
- The Titan's didn't read the script for the weekend.
- Barring major surprises - only three teams are out of the running for the finals - Newcastle, Cronulla & Canberra. Though a number of teams need to keep winning big to make up their points differential.
- Looking at the ladder - I think suspect Manly, the Roosters & the Rabbitohs are the front-runners for the competition. With eight rounds to go a lot can happen.
- Gallant performances from the Highlanders & Chiefs this weekend, but ultimately both are eliminated. The finals next weekend are Waratahs v Brumbies & Crusaders v Sharks.