Tuesday, October 02, 2018

'Letting go ... and letting God'

One of the bloggers I’ve been following Addie Zierman has been doing a link up, and the topic has been ‘to let Go, and let God’.

In many ways that’s a phrase I’m trying to adopt on so many different levels. I don’t know a whole lot about the season of life I’m in - I don’t know why I am walking through it, I don’t for how long and how the story ends. 

As an aside If you could tell me, I don’t really know that I would really want you to, I see some positiveness in it just ending without a countdown or fanfare.

I do find a sense of peace in letting go. Letting life take its course. I’ve often said that I want to make the most of the season I am in. I want to be open to be used by God, whatever that looks like. I don’t want to be a prisoner of the disease and its impacts

I guess, ‘letting God’ in the situation I am in, is entrusting my present and future to him. I am not prisoner to anything but praying that God enables me to see both the big and little signs of his grace and activity in my life. I have been trying to think in terms of why not me. How can I use the season I’m in to bring God glory?

I think ‘letting God’ is freeing. Freeing in the sense that we can’t control the outcome, so we don’t think about it, but also freeing me up to think about Him, and living in His world. How can I bring light and life to friends and family now? I guess I see that as not leaving the positive unsaid or undone, taking the time to tell people what I think now.

Letting the fact that God has experienced the darkened valleys shape how I think about the season I’m in. God knows pain, and on top of that pain, sorrow and tears will be dealt with completely. 


1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of making the most of the season your in. Yes. Thanks for joining up!

    ReplyDelete