- Australia's series against Pakistan finished with one of Australia's heaviest defeats in terms of runs (373). I didn't realise at the time but of the team that won the Ashes against England the only players likely to face India are Lyon, Starc, Paine. There's question marks over the Marsh brothers and Khawaja now sadly injured. I might be wrong, but I feel Maxwell has to be a chance. The Marsh brothers did play well in the Ashes so maybe the selectors should stick with them. It will be interesting to see who they go with for the first test against India which starts on December 6.
- Before then Australia's Men's team has T20 Internationals against UAE, Pakistan, South Africa and India, and the Women have their own T20 World Cup coming up soon.
- The World Series starts soon and will feature the Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers. Should be quite an interesting series.
- Great to see Wimbledon change the rules and move to a tie-breaker rather than advantage at 12-12 in the fifth set. It will be interesting to see if the Australian and French Open decide to follow suit.
- The Australian Basketball and Football (Soccer) season started over the weekend. Feel it is hard for those sports because people who love Soccer and Basketball tend to follow the US (Basketball) or European (Soccer) competitions instead of the local game. It did not escape my attention that the Wellington Phoenix started their season with a win :)