Thursday, June 19, 2003

Half a World Away

I've been involved in a Christian chatroom for about the last , oh four or so years, and one of things I find hard sometimes, is that there are people who are hurting ... and I long to do something, but realise in essence you are powerless ... yet all people ask is for an ear, not advice ... they ask to be heard, and their feelings acknowledged.

The poem below, was something I wrote as I reflected on that.

Half a World Away

Half a world away
powerless yet
If I had courage to speak
what would I dare say

Words of comfort?
tears shed in sympathy
wishing there was more
my heart could do.

Knowing all you ask
is that I let you cry;
and cry with you

Quick to listen? Slow to speak
my words are not the medicine
You ask that I understand, I just listen
and my mouth opens
screaming "this is what you must do"

I know that all you ask
is that I let you cry
and cry with you.

May I cry with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment