Thursday, June 19, 2003

Meme

These questions come courtesy of Rachel (Life Being Beautiful). If you would like to be interviewed leave a comment and I’ll send five questions on to you, for you to answer on your blog. Preface the questions with a comment such as this.

1. What song do you wish you had most written and why?
At the moment I think it would be either One (Images: U2, Words: Bono) , In Christ Alone (Stuart Townend and Keith Getty) or It is Well with My Soul. (Horiato Spafford)

‘One’ is such a beautiful song, about relationships … the music and words combine beautifully ... And its a treat to hear live.

'In Christ Alone' is just a wonderful song … every line is thought-provoking and challenging ... but at the moment my favourite lines is the conclusion of the fourth verse:

Now power of hell, no scheme of man
Can e’er pluck me from his hand
Til he returns or calls me home
Here in the power of God I stand…


I would long to think that in such circumstances I could write a song such as Horatio Spafford did after his wife and child were lost at sea.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul

It is well (it is well)
With my soul (with my soul)
It is well, it is well with my soul


That’s would I’d want my songs to do, to challenge and encourage.

2. What is your favourite childhood memory?

I think that my favourite childhood memory is my time in Germany when I was growing up. One of the things I remember was that when you started school in Germany you get a long cone (Called a Tute I think) with lots of chocolate inside it. But the whole experience was awesome.

3. Describe your parents and their good qualities...

Both my parents are great listeners and they have let me make mistakes, they have accepted that I am different, and while I may not follow the path they chose, they have accepted and encourage me to develop my own identity.

My parents have encouraged me as I have been thinking about ministry, but at the same time they have provided a great sounding board, for any question I have. My parents are my friends …

I think that’s something I often take for granted but should never cease thanking God for, he gave me parents who took me to church, and who have been supportive and prayerful throughout my life.

4. Describe one thing about yourself that you really like?

I think I value my listening skills and the gift of encouragement that God has given me.

5. What are five things you would like to achieve before you die?

Hmm. Five things to do before I die… I would like to travel to each continent. I would like to be able to say that I have lived for the LORD. I would like to be a Father, and have seen my kids and there kids grow up. Part of me would like to see some of my poems published.

But I think the biggest thing I want to achieve is to speak truth to people’s life, and in God’s mercy see the fruit of the Gospel in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment