Monday, June 16, 2003

Reflections on Parting

One of the things I wanted to do with this blog, was to use it to publish some of my poetry. I do value your feedback. These poems are works in progress. The one I will post tonight is my reflections upon leaving my church in February as I moved to Sydney.

As Iron sharpens iron
you have sharpened me
your faith anchored me;
your hope strengthens me;
your love inspired me

As Chisels carve wood,
as hammers bend steal
my life was sharpened by you
my character molded by Christ in you;
by your blows of faith hope and love

As we sang, knelt and ate together
I changed, I grew
As we talked, listened and fought
we were joined as we spurred each other on

We've walked side by side
through the storms and in the sun
we've shared laughter, and our tears laid side by side
Now we part, held together in each others heart

As Iron sharpens Iron, I've been sharpened by you
I am made who I am, through Christ in you
My Prayer on parting God sharpens you.

Feb 18 2003 AD. Inspired by Proverbs 27:17.

No comments:

Post a Comment