Thursday, June 26, 2003

The Rustling Breeze

One of the passages I have loved ever since I first read it, is Ezekiel 37. In the text it is given the heading the "Valley of Dry Bones". The poem below is my reflections on those verses.

The Rustling Breeze

A freshening wind, stirs within
my dryness consumed
the breath fills my flesh

A voice sitrs; commands
and stiff joints feel life creak in
the voice whispers before I form

My soul captive to the voice
carried by the wind
the word fulfills my call

A word of love, undeserved, unearned
a word before time, before my life
A word that knits me together, that holds life to my bones

A word, stirrs me into being
The word, carried on the breeze.

March 20, 2003.

Had some good news today too - I was told today that I have an interview for the Office Manager's position at the Social Policy Research Centre were I currently work.

No comments:

Post a Comment