Saturday, June 28, 2003

Waiting for a train

Well, you've got to love the weekend. A time to let the week and its many cares dissappear, while preparing for the next wave to break ...

It's been a good day so far. I caught the train down to see my family, and celebrate my sister's birthday.

I had an interesting experience on the way down. If you know Sydney's trains at all, you know in the morning commuters communicate with silent growls, grrs and hmphs. Any attempt at conversation is seen as an invasion of privacy and met with a polite grr, and raised eyebrows.

Today I was sitting at Sydney's Central Station, reading the Lonely Planet's guide to Ireland when a guy sat next to me, and we talked all the way back home. He shared his plans, and I shared mine.

He told me, he was going to read the bible through from Genesis, and objectively look at it, then he was going to read the Koran and the Jewish bible. Please pray for him. That as he reads the Bible God would show him mercy and open his eyes.

And speaking of eyes, I looked into the eyes of my workmates newborn - Grace, 2weeks old. today.

That is a remarkable experience. Sometimes it makes me grieve, as I look out in the world into which they are born. A world torn by greed, wrecked by hate, yet in God's Grace a world to which mercy will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment