- New Zealand's Blackcaps were outclassed in the Second Test against the West Indies. Impressed by the fight the last few pairs showed to make the West Indies bat a second time.
- Origin - NSW wins the series for the first time in 8 years. I get the feeling Cherry-Evans shouldn't have played. From the reports it sounded like a dull but tense game. Next year's series will be really interesting. Am looking forward to the end of the Origin break and the normal schedule of games.
- Happy to see the Warriors win and potentially breath life into their playoff hopes.
- The Sharks are the first team, in 106 years to go three games without scoring a point.... (and have been kept scoreless four times this season).
- Looking at the ladder, there's only three games between 3rd and 13th at the moment. Hard to pick a front-runner, but the top four is shaping to be Manly, Roosters, Bulldogs or Souths.
- Not a great game on Friday but importantly the Swans found a way to win. I think they've lost their last three games against Richmond at the MCG, so good to have that hoodoo broken.
- Great win by the Suns against Geelong, definitely the biggest win in the club's history, and a statement to both the Bombers & Adelaide - 'catch us if you can'.
- Port's performance on Saturday is why, for me, they are still competition favourites.
- The Giants beat Carlton and record back-to-back wins for the first time in their history.
- Not a fan of the Score Review, and the weekend highlighted to me why if it stays the process needs to improve. Arguably the right calls were made in both cases, it is the process for me which needs to change.
- Top eight seems settled, with only positional changes likely. The Gold Coast are the most vulnerable, but they have, in theory at least, an easier run home than their challenges.
- Much better first half from the All Blacks (in front 29-6), and running out winners 36-13. The team have now won 17 consecutive test matches.
- The Wallabies had a much better game too; playing some more attacking rugby.
- Wales gave South Africa a fright with a narrow 30-31 loss.
- England had good news this week with the Under20s winning the World Cup 21-20 over South Africa. The Junior All Blacks finished third.
- Catherine Cox retires on a winning note with the Vixens winning the Grand Final.
- Wimbledon starts tonight ...