- The Highlanders, Crusaders, Hurricanes are all in the top 6. Hurricanes had a great win over the Crusaders in Wellington. The Waratahs' win against the Brumbies moved them to the top of the Australian conference. Maybe this is their year. All of the South African teams had bye this weekend with South Africa playing Scotland. The Springboks won the test 55-6.
- One of the top 10 moments of AFL this weekend
- The Swans won the Sydney Derby, despite switching off after half time. Great having Tippett and McGlynn back.
- Last year North Melbourne lost a lot of close matches, this year, their hallmark is inconsistency. This year the Kangaroos have beaten Fremantle, Sydney and Port Adelaide away; yet lost to Brisbane over the weekend.
- For most of the first half, it looked like Hawthorn would be in a struggle, but in the 5 minutes just before halftime the Hawks kicked 5 unanswered goals to take a 30pt lead into the main break to effectively kill the contest. The injury to Rioli will be a worry.
- The AFL would be disappointed with the crowd (40-odd thousand), the lowest for 93 years of Carlton-Collingwood matches, not surprisingly the AFL releases a statement today saying 'we are ending this experiment'.
- Cronulla after 3 scoreless matches; scored 24 points in last 26 minutes of their game against Brisbane. When Cronulla scored the first try, Brisbane lead 22-0. Can't say I blame the Sharks for parting ways with Carney.
- Warriors had a entertaining win over Penrith, and if St George were to win tonight, the Warriors would remain in the eight.
- The Knights win two in a row, with a 16-10 win over Parramatta (whose slide down the table continues).
- Wimbledon is all about Nick Kyrgios this week. He saved 9 match points in his match against Richard Gasquet and won the match in five sets; he then won his third round match on Sat night. This comes on top of an excellent Aus Open. His next opponent is Rafa. Will hopefully be a long match.
- Women's Tournament as always seems to be fairly open, with both Li Na and Serena Williams eliminated.