Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Voice 2014 - Lives (Wk 1)

The first week of the Live Shows started on Monday night, and I enjoyed Coldplay opening the show with 'A Sky Full of Stars' . I've only had one listen to the album in full (while it was streaming on i-tunes), and I love what I've heard.  Chris Martin is a unique artist and performer.  Will hope to see them when they tour Australia, hopefully in the near future.

On to the show.  During the live shows, the coaches save one singer, the public vote determines the singer eliminated.

Team Will: Gabriela & Cecilia saved. They really have something special, and are now my favourite on TeamWill. ZK's performance of 'With or Without You' was the most disappointing , probably because I love the song, and thought that they could have done more with the song.

Team Kylie: Johnny saved. Can't split Kat, John Lingard and Robbie Balmer. Sad to see any of these go.

Team Joel: Frank Loukadis saved. Taila & Holly were both great, and I want to hear more from them too.

Team Ricky: Jackson saved (he's my favourite on Team Ricky, though Sabrina is a close-second).

I am finding Joel and Kylie's team the hardest to pick. Probably because the majority of my favourite singers are now on their teams.  In term of the coaches Kylie is my favourite, primarily because she has been the best at picking songs to make her team shine. In both the battle round (Brittanie & Megan, Jackson & Robbie, Candice & Thando - still for me the performance of the show, and Hayley & Kat) and the first round of the Live shows.

Watching the way the audience votes will be interesting. Can someone do a "warmest final four" based on social media mentions & i-tunes downloads.


No comments:

Post a Comment